When I started writing my novel Pulled a few years ago, I thought I was pretty technologically savvy. I could navigate around the web, understood what a hyperlink was (even if I hadn’t learned how to create them yet). I read blogs and viewed people’s self generated web sites. Now that the book is out and ready for consumption, the world I knew so much about, has exploded. Yeah, kinda like this.
Suddenly, if you want to publish your book you don’t just visit a few book stores and get it on Amazon. Oh no. You have to know the ins and outs of the inter-web.
Here is a brief list of the thinks I’ve had to self-teach myself how to do in order to get my book into as many hands as I am currently knowledgeable enough to handle.
1. Create a Facebook Page
2. Learn how to use Createspace.com
3. Format a word doc into a pdf.
4. Format a pdf into a kindle html file (not an easy task)
5. Create a blog (it’s a work in progress)
6. Market myself on both facebook pages.
7. Ask people to review my book on-line. (nail bitter)
Things yet to learn:
1. Create an e-store through create space (does anyone even shop there?)
2. Become a ‘guest blogger’ (still nervous about that idea)
3. Create a video teaser of my book (how the heck am I supposed to do that?)
4. Actually find an effective way to sell my books! *sigh*
Any self published authors out there? What have you had to master to get your book out there?